WHAT IS CROSSFIT?
CrossFit is the principal strength and conditioning program for many police academies and tactical operations teams, military special operations units, champion martial artists, and hundreds of other elite and professional athletes worldwide. It is also being implemented in nursing homes, pre-schools and physical therapy…..if you fit somewhere inbetween it can probably help you.
Our program delivers a fitness that is, by design, broad, general, and inclusive. Our specialty is not specializing. Combat, survival, many sports, and life reward this kind of fitness and, on average, punish the specialist.
The CrossFit program is designed for universal scalability making it the perfect application for any committed individual regardless of experience. We’ve used our same routines for elderly individuals with heart disease and cage fighters one month out from televised bouts. We scale load and intensity; we don’t change programs.
The needs of Olympic athletes and our grandparents differ by degree not kind. Our soldiers, skiers, mountain bike riders and housewives have found their best fitness from the same regimen. -Courtesy of CrossFit Inc.
- Arrive early. Class starts on time. Late arrivals will pay a 20 burpee penalty.
- Ego…leave it at the door. There is a high school kid right now warming up with your PR.
- Be positive.
- Clean your own mess. (equipment has a proper place)
- Chalk…a little goes a long way.
- Encourage those still working.
- Coaches coach. Athletes listen and learn.
- “I can’t” shall not be spoken here.
- If you’re hurt or injured, speak up.
- If you cheat, you will repeat.